The M.Sc. Program of the Department of Economics accepts graduates of Economics departments, Business Administration, Social Sciences, and Science and Engineering departments of Greek Universities. Graduates of Technological Educational Institutes (TEI) in scientific fields neighboring Economics can also be admitted. In some cases candidates applying to the program may be asked to pass examinations in one (1) to three (3) courses (Mathematics, Statistics, Economic Theory) before their final acceptance to the M.Sc. Program, on the condition that their application has been positively evaluated and they have attended an interview. The Graduate Program also accepts graduates of Economics departments and other neighboring fields from foreign Universities, on the condition that their degrees have been recognized by the Hellenic National Academic Recognition Information Center (DOATAP).
The admission criteria to the Graduate Program are the folowing
- overall grade of the undergraduate degree
- the affinity of the student’s undergraduate degree to economics
- the candidate’s performance in courses close to those taught in our Program
- at least two reference letters
- the candidate’s performance in the personal interview (direct or via Skype)
- the proficient knowledge of the English language. The following certificates are accepted as proofs of the level of proficiency of the English language: TOEFL (score 80 or more), IELTS (score 6 or more), Proficiency Cambridge or Proficiency Michigan, or any certificate accepted by the Supreme Council for Civil Personnel Selection (ASEP) for knowledge levels C1 or C2 (proficient user)